DCB Logistics, a company with multiple sites across the country, was individually purchasing output devices creating a situation where paper, toner and spare parts used caused unnecessary resources and made reliable and transparent budgeting impossible. Furthermore, security standards caused inadequate protection from abuse and infringements. The rapid growth of the company intensified the need to centralise purchasing of printing devices. Although cost savings were desirable, their implementation into practice was unfeasible.
- Consolidation of processes in order to achieve a reduction in the fleet size while at the same time achieving greatly improved utilisation rates.
- Implementation of all-in service contracts for clear budgeting and cost control.
- Central collection and control of all data such as device usage, paper and toner consumption and user rights to provide greater transparency.
- Flexible finance solution for all the branches with one flat interest rate.
- Substantial cost savings thanks to a reduction of the fleet size.
- Precise budgeting and cost control of all output devices for the first time ever.
- Highest data security standards without an increase in the administrative work load.
- Greatly simplified administrative and accounting procedures through centralised device administration.
- Total cost reduction of 27%.
“Other branch managers have been completely surprised at how much can be saved through copying and printing infrastructure, and have realised the benefits of centralised purchasing.”