There are 2 basic functions for Hikvision MDI card:
1. Provide hardware decoding. This function is usually applied on network clients, when compressed data stream is transmitted to them, and decoded by the MDI card; or be used for local file playback. Under such occasions, the aim is to decode without occupying PC CPU resource.
2. Offer matrix display to analog monitors. The screen display of each monitor can be divided into up to 16 different areas (the display range can be adjusted by users, with total area not exceed 4CIF+2*QCIF), among which common division modes are listed below:
The decode result of each input channel can be output to any divided part of monitor displays, and screen switching and sub channel functions are also supported.
For DS-4002MDI card, there’re 4 decoding channel with 2 output channel, which means it can decode 4 channels, and has 2 analog output channel. The 2 analog output channels can be output to 2 analog monitors, each of which has up to 16 screen divisions. Each decoding channel supports 1 channel VGA display and 2 channel Monitor display.
Note: For each output channel, it can output the decoding data either from the card it belongs, or other MDI cards plugged in the same PC. For instance, if there’re 4 DS-4002MDI cards plugged in the same PC, then each card can decode 4 channel video, added together 16 channels in 1 PC, and all the 16 channel decoding results can be output via only 1 output port to a monitor display, and each channel refers to 1 of the 16 screen dividing area. Vice versa for DS-4008 MDI card.
Digital Video MatrixDigital Video Matrix based on DS-4000HC and DS-4000MD:
Video input source
1. Analog video signal input by video camera.
2. Real-time video stream acquired through network. The real-time network data stream can be the H.264 bit stream that transmitted through network from PCDVR (DS-4000H/HC), embedded network DVR of DS-8000 series, or DVS of DS-6000 series.
3. Video files stored in local hard disk which is decoded by DS-4000MD. The files here can be either local video files or internet downloading files.
Matrix switching and Video Output
1. Support both video and audio switching.
2. Each video output supports screen dividing and sub channel function, and the location of each window is dynamically adjustable.
3. It can switch and output any video input source of any type to an arbitrary window of any channel for display.
4. The output switching video supports 4CIF, DCIF, 2CIF, CIF and QCIF resolutions.
5. Support switching output of multi-channel audio, and each MD card supports 1-channel audio preview output.
Advantages and characteristics of digital video matrix program
1) Cost advantages: You can form a small video matrix system by only a PC and a DS-4000MD card. If the DS-4000HC card is added, then the video matrix can be merged with DVR, which will bring lower equipment costs, convenient installation and commissioning, high integration, strong stability and low maintenance costs in future.
2) Performance Advantages:
a) Powerful functions and flexible configuration: All the functions are based on the PC platform, and set by users as they like.
DS-4000MD cards (based on the network or documents) can form a simple hardware-decoder platform or an output system of multi-channel decoder (maximum 64) + matrix independently.
DS-4000MD and DS-4000HC can form a DVR+ video matrix system.
The above-mentioned two modes can be used together, which is: local real-time video + hardware decoder + video matrix, and the 3 functions can be used in different constitutions.
b) Easy operation: All the operations are based on PC platform, and completely controlled by user’s application programs.
c) High integration and strong stability: New design of hardware system reduces the loss of power consumption, and enhances the stability of the hardware.
3) Powerful image processing function is much better than the simulated matrix.
a) Image quality is guaranteed by 4CIF output resolution of matrix output.
b) Rich image processing functions: User-defined screen dividing, sub channels, user-defined image display, OSD, LOGO, etc.
c) Rapid image switching, smooth display and strict synchronous switching process without losing frames and dislocation.
d) What you see is what you gain. The output content of matrix is the same as the content of video.
4) Convenient and rapid secondary development:
a) H card, HC card and new MD card are supported in the same SDK, and mixed using is supported, too.
b) Compatible SDK simplifies the development and implementing process for users.
c) Speed up the customer development by proving DEMO program and its source coding.
64-channel DVR system and 64*4 real-time video matrix
The 64-channel DVR system consisted of DS-4000HC is the same as current card program. And with 2 added DS-4002MD to complete the analog output, video matrix can be achieved.
It can form 64-channel decoding system, and support 32-channel analogue video output at the same time. It can also form flexible models of video output by different screen dividing.
Remote network terminal can adopt PC-DVR consisted of Hikvision H card and HC cards, or Hikvision embedded DVR/DVS.